Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Belated Thank You!

Sorry for taking such a long time in thanking all my kind and sweet friends for these fantastic awards. I am so happy to receive them, as I write this I can clearly remember when I first started this blog and would go to other people's blogs and see all the friends they had and the wonderful camaraderie shared. I would be a little envious and now I can't believe that I too am part of such wonderful and caring circle.

It's so great and I'm so happy that I discovered blogging. It's become such an integral part of my life that everything that happens in the course of the day and all thoughts and internal debates that I have, immediately start taking the shape of a post with the appropriate headline.

I actually use everything learned from this medium in daily life as well, since I'm a 'schmoozer' here which in life outside the computer I'm not, I sometimes replicate things I do here, for example now I'll actually pick up the phone and call someone randomly much like going to a friend's blog and commenting.

So thank you again for making me a part of your life on the net!

HollyGl who is not only beautiful but also incredibly sweet and talented and the remarkable Rebecca from Pixels of the Edge bestowed on me the Creative Blogger award



This award originated with Christy at Writers Reviews, and is "for those who bring unique and creative elements to their blogs. For those who incorporate art, music, creative writing, photo's, and other beautiful visual effects into their website. For those who put a unique spin on things and come up with new ideas. This award is for the artsy, the funky, the inventor, and even the rebel. This award is for those creative individuals who stand out from the crowd."

The blogs I have chosen are either very creative or a showcase of creative things, so whenever you visit you are surrounded by pretty things

Tigergirletsy - She makes really funky unique jewelry which you can check out at her blog
In Cinq - What an amazing idea for a blog, Adria's in cinq pairs the visual with the literary. It is a collection of self portraits sent by different people
Mariuca's perfume gallery - It's all about fragrance in the 'scent sational scent stations' as she calls it. Marzi likes to collect miniature perfumes and this blog is the shrine to her collection. I think it's such a cool idea
Mike French - He's writing this great book 'The Dandelion Tree' and each new chapter get unveiled once he gets 25 diggs, not only is the book great so is the blog visually. You have to read the book
Done4Fun - Silvia's Sketchblog - This blog is an art blog and is a simply beautiful collection of the artists sketches

Find the rules at the end of the post





Seiche whose wonderful blog I recently discovered, gave me the Thoughtful Blogger award and reading the description I was really happy to receive this award, especially from someone who really is such a thoughtful blogger himself - a real gentleman.

The Thoughtful Blogger award was started by Christy at Writer's Reviews and this particular award is... For those who answer blog comments, emails, and make their visitors feel at home on their blogs. For the people who take others feelings into consideration before speaking out and who are kind and courteous. Also for all of those bloggers who spend so much of their time helping others bloggers design, improve, and fix their sites. This award is for those generous bloggers who think of others.

Reading the above description, these are the people I thought of, they fit one or all of the descriptions of a thoughtful blogger

Bobby Revell - For helping me out numerous times with blogging and especially with the recent technorati fave train
Peter Haslem - For acknowledging each and every person's comments and being one of the first bloggers to help me out with my blog
Greg Although he's expressed an aversion to awards, I'll still go ahead, for giving great input and fabulous ideas and answers to various questions
The Real Mother [For being the first one to ever comment on my blog and making me feel so happy]
Blur ting [Again for being one of the first people to welcome me here]

And now, the small print...

1) If you have received an award simply choose either the dark or light background image and save it to your files, then post it proudly on your blog!

2) Pass the award on to five other people, you can choose any of the awards from the series, you do not have to pass out the exact award you received. Choose whichever of the awards below that you'd like to give out. You can give out one of each or five of the same one, whatever you prefer.

3) You can change the size and color of awards to suit your blog, that's up to you, it's your blog, just leave the titles the same.

4) Please link back to this post so that people can read these rules and so that the meanings of the awards will not be lost.

5) If you feel that you or a friend are deserving of an award and no one has given one to you yet then email me at sayhitochristy(at)hotmail.com and tell me about your website!

24 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I was given a Thoughtful Blogger Award by another person. It's a great honour.

Unknown said...

Jean-luc-picard: I too feel very honored and pleased with it. But as far as helping anyone fix their blog goes, I am no good at it and need help on mine from others.

Congrats on your award - it's a great feeling when someone else sees and recognizes something nice in us

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! I am so happy for you, and I love that blogging has given you the gusto to become more social. I love this blog, and all of your innocence....

xxx

Unknown said...

Meleah Rebeccah: Thank You So So Much!
{{a big hug}}

Blur Ting said...

Thanks RM. You totally deserve these awards. You're so sincere in your comments and making your readers feel so at home here. You've done so well in this blogging world, You'll be fine socially, that I am sure.

Once again, thanks for the award!

paisley said...

and a belated congratulations to you as well... the whole meme thing is getting a bit out of hand lately... but it does feel good to know people read and appreciate your work doesn't it????

dan said...

congrats on the award! it was well earned.

Unknown said...

I got the creative award one too. It feels great doesn't it?

You deserve it. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

hey u deserve both...ur blogs are always full of unique and interesting thoughts and other ideas...way more than im capable of. Keep up the good work!

Saph said...

Heh well done on the awards.
I love your site, there's not many blogs that I have time to regularly visit, but this is definitely one of them.

O and thanks for my Creative award, the cheque is in the post!

tigergirl said...

Wow Random - thanks for the award! I'm stunned! I can see how you were given them - that's not a tough one at all, your blog is my staple internet food.

Loz said...

Congratulations Amber and thanks for being part of my community too :)

confessing7girl said...

hey girl congrats on all ur awards well deserved!!:)

Mariuca said...

Hi Amber!! Thanks so much for the award. Perfume is my passion and to be acknowledged for that, it certainly made me smile! :) :)
To be awarded by one I admire such as you, is indeed another great honour! HUGS!!! And of course, congrats to you on the awards, you deserve every one of them.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Well deserved. You voice is so welcome in this world. Thanks for providing some great links!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU ALL!!!!
You guys really mean a lot to me - it's like my day's not complete without paying you all a visit. It's really an amazing phenomenon of our age - blogging is.
How else would I've had the pleasure of meeting so many great people in a matter of 4 months. It usually takes a lifetime and you still don't meet people you want to visit every other day like we do here in the blogosphere [it's a really cute word - blogosphere :)]

Rebecca said...

Congrats on your Thoughtful Blogger award. That's awesome, and very well deserved. Your posts are always thought provoking, and I enjoy them tremendously.

Unknown said...

~Thank you so much Rebecca, I truly enjoy yours as well

incinq.blogspot.com said...

Thank you! I'll be back to pick it up soon. :)

J@n!ce said...

Amber, congrates on your awards :)

Unknown said...

Thanks guys

Naj said...

:) now that's creative :)

Unknown said...

naj: Thanks for stopping by

Bobby Revell said...

Amber, thank you very much:) Helping you was a pleasure and I would help you anytime. I apologize for missing this so I will amend my post to add your mention. Thanks again:):):)