Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Insane in the Membrane!

Doing this insane assignment on Services Marketing. This professor of mine has got to be the most brilliant man I have ever met in my life - and totally unconventional too. He has done quantum mechanics, is a professional carpenter, biker, can speak 3/4 languages and god knows what else. His brain is razor sharp. Seriously I feel rather dull-witted in his presence.

Any way coming back to the assignment - he has told us to choose 2 services, compare them and make a scrapbook. We can do whatever we like, paint on it, write or type its up to us, as long as we cover all the topics. He wants to do a complete comparative analysis.


My group took Costa Coffee and Starbucks - so I am sitting here cutting chart paper into a large rectangular blocks, all the group members will meet tomorrow and we will tie the various pages with a piece of rope. So for the past few hours I have been taking printouts of a lot of interesting pictures... and gluing them. The writing part of the assignment I had done earlier. Thank god for that!

The only thing is that I suck at arts and crafts I mean I can't even cut paper straight. And to top it all I have become weirdly obsessed with blogging. So instead of concentrating on my assignment I have been taking innumerable blogging breaks...

So even now I write this post with a guilty feeling sneaky up on me... but its okay

I'll just stay up all night and finish this sucker.

By the way if you read this please tell me which you prefer and why
Costa Coffee or Starbucks

11 comments:

Ginene said...

Neat idea. I can understand your obsession with blogging. I am starting to think about it all day and all night. Its really fun.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Cure for "instead of concentrating on my assignment I have been taking innumerable blogging breaks..." --- is to get all your blogging buddies to contribute! Ha am I digging a hole here? haha :)

Unknown said...

I am totally taking you up on your offer!!!
Its 3:30 am and the assignment is still not done... just a few details left.

The Real Mother Hen said...

Ouch! You better get some sleep! I vote Starbucks... because I haven't had Costa Coffee yet! :(

No Reply said...

I think I may have had 2 or 3 sips of coffee in my entire life. Is there a third choice? I haven't seen a Costa Coffee in the U.S. but I've seen Starbucks everywhere. I have even been in one once. My vote is Starbucks because it is familiar to me.

It's still May 1st here EST. I'm curious what timestamp will show up on this comment.

JaamZIN said...

I usually give similar assignments to my students. And I am amazed that you are so creative with your group because at times I experience the freedom I give for an assignment causes more anxiety if that was what I thought.:) As to me I prefer the Costa Coffee..because Starbucks is too plastic to me.
By the way I found my way home yesterday:)

Blur Ting said...

I know exactly what you mean. I spend way too much time blogging
:-P

We don't have Costa here too. I guess most people can relate to Starbucks. It's probably the first, if not one of the first coffee franchise to open in Singapore. Singapore is the third international country outside North America to introduce Starbucks!

Leon said...

Starbucks because it's good and we don't have Costa here. Coffee is the magical elixir for students. I drank enough of it at uni. :)

Unknown said...

The assignment is looking fabulous... the entire group did a great job.

Larry Keiler said...

1. I've never had Costa Coffee. Hate Starbucks. It's too too...And tastes crappy.

2. I've suffered exactly the same problem with getting assignments done, altho not necessarily substituting blogging. Anything will do. It's called procrastination! (As a matter of fact, I'm doing exactly that right now..)

3. I have to join your MyBlogLog community cuz I wanna beg/borrow/steal your Coffee/sleep when you're dead image for my sidebar on Mental Blog, OK?

Unknown said...

I am in love with Coffee, Starbucks because it is the best, I think i'll go and get me one now..