2. I actually 'dread' making plans on the phone and beg my husband to do it. Not exaggerating
3. I'd rather read a good book or be on my computer than go out with people [except going dancing...I just love dancing - you don't have to be very socially accomplished to do that]
4. The problem is that when I put my mind to it I can be quite great at being the life of the party even, but the pleasure/pain trade-off doesn't make it worth the effort.
5. At times, if there's the biggest shoe around I will find it to put in my mouth. Sometimes I don't think before I talk - for example I actually called someone else a social retard on their face once [I had called myself one too, but still] not even thinking that they may not like it. I honestly thought it was a compliment and was made to realize later that it was stupid! It doesn't happen very often but when it does its bad!
6. I am argumentative and like to have the last word - and sometimes get carried away in the heat of the conversation. Can end up being extremely sarcastic. [Characteristic - Under renovation/repair]
7. My MBA has made my social degeneration truly complete. Full circle here!
8. I'm very honest - and at the same time I don't like hurting people's feelings so the best alternative is not to meet many people
9. I have been spoiled by the fact that I have 4 best friends since childhood - and everyone else pales in comparison to them plus I don't like to gossip - except maybe with them. Unfortunately we all live thousands of miles apart :(
10. I hate the concept of networking - its seems to me like one is using people. I find that very distasteful. If someone doesn't interest me I don't see the point of hanging out just for the sake of having a 'big' social group.
11. I look very different from what I feel - so people end up think I'm some cute silly girl [the fact that I used to be a host for some entertainment kind of show on Tv doesn't help -I'm labeled & stereotyped] that annoys me terribly and so I act even more stupid then they think I am
12. I'm making this list - what does that say...
13. I think that maybe I like to take cover in calling myself socially retarded, I am actually an abnormally lazy bum
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants